This is a reader-submitted story.
1. My diagnosis is:Migraine with Aura
2. My migraine attack frequency is:1-4 times per month varies
3. I was diagnosed in:2004
4. My comorbid conditions include:Starts with small zig zag in either eye can be random mostly the left, not crippling pain , sometimes no pain. Lasting a day or so.
5. I take _0___ medications/supplements each day for prevention and _4 tylenol___ medications/supplements to treat an acute attack
6. My first migraine attack was:2002
7. My most disabling migraine symptoms are:the hang over of migraine , also I get really scared when I have the aura.
8. My strangest migraine symptoms are:the aura and feeling like I have the flu after the migraine goes away , dizziness, brain fog etc. seeing visual snow. Floaters and flashers in my eyes
9. My biggest migraine triggers are:I have no idea
10. I know a migraine attack is coming on when:I have the aura
11. The most frustrating part about having a migraine attack is:Not knowing how long it will last start to finish. Nobody understanding how it feels.
12. During a migraine attack, I worry most about:Having a stroke
13. When I think about migraine between attacks, I think:
14. When I tell someone I have migraine, the response is usually:Take tylenol
15. When someone tells me they have migraine, I think: I feel your pain and want to talk to them about their experiences
16. When I see commercials about migraine treatments, I think:I iwished I could take those otc things like advil but i am allergic
17. My best coping tools are:lying down, ice pack. Relaxing music
18. I find comfort in only I comfort I get is when it’s all over
19. I get angry when people say:It’s a headache/migraine get over it stop being a wimp
20. I like it when people say: Is there anything they can do..massage etc
21. Something kind someone can do for me during a migraine attack is:massage , get ice packs
22. The best thing(s) a doctor has ever said to me about migraine is:nothing
23. The hardest thing to accept about having migraine is:All of it , how it steals my life. When i want to be outside or with friends and I am laying in a dark room in bed
24. Migraine has taught me:Understanding Of people who suffer from them
25. The quotation, motto, mantra, or scripture that gets me through an attack is:
26. If I could go back to the early days of my diagnosis, I would tell myself:
27. The people who support me most are:Boyfriend
28. The thing I most wish people understood about migraine is:How debilitating they are.
29. Migraine and Headache Awareness Month is important to me because:
30. One more thing I’d like to say about life with migraine is:I just hope one day a cure is found that is not toxic or has a billion side effects.
Reader-submitted stories solely represent the personal point of view, experience, and opinion of the author, not of The Daily Headache or Kerrie Smyres.