A daily Q&A with headache experts is being posted each day of National Headache Awareness Week. Submitted by patients, questions cover the gamut of headache topics. Some so far: sinus headaches, sudden onset headaches, new daily persistent headache, headaches triggered by sun or sex, and burning and tingling in the back of the head.
Q&As from Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are available as Word (doc) files. Many more questions are covered in past issues of NHF Head Lines, the organization’s newsletter. Read archives of readers’ mail and Ask the Pharmacist.
I’m often asked for recommendations of headache clinics or specialists, but only have experience with a few. The experts participating in this week’s Q&A are listed below with links to their clinics.
- J.W. Banks, M.D.: Ryan Headache Center, St Louis, MO
- Susan W. Broner, M.D.: Headache Institute, Roosevelt Hospital, New York, NY 10019
- Roger K. Cady, M.D.: Headache Care Center, Springfield, MO
- Anne H. Calhoun, M.D.: University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
- Arthur D. Elkind, M.D.: Elkind Headache Center, Mount Vernon, NY
- Susan Hutchinson, M.D.: Orange County Migraine & Headache Center, Irvine, CA
- Robert Kunkel, M.D.: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- Lisa K. Mannix, M.D.: Headache Associates, West Chester, OH
- Loretta Mueller, D.O.: UMDNJ-SOM University Headache Center, Stratford, NJ
- Tarvez Tucker, M.D.: Kentucky College of Medicine Headache and Pain Clinic, Lexington, KY
- George Urban, M.D.: Diamond Headache Clinic, Chicago, IL
1 thought on “Ask the Expert About Headaches & Migraines: National Headache Awareness Week”
I am 25 years old and have experienced migraines for about 3 years now. I have them under control with meds, but now I have a new symptom. I have been experiencing head pressure (or fullness)and I gradually get headaches because of this, evenings being the worst. Whenever I bend over, I have severe pressure rush through the top of my head. Just sitting, I have pressure towards the back of my head. I do not know if this has anything to do with it, but usually after I eat, the pressure gets worse and I experience nausea. I was just hoping you could let me know what this might be? Thanks!!!
I’m not sure what it could be. I recommend seeing your doctor to get it checked out.
I wish you the best of luck.