Thanks for all the messages of support you’ve sent. Knowing you’re backing me up is very comforting. And “talking” through my thoughts and pros and cons is helping me get sorted.
I’m still in pretty good spirits, but am agonizing over my options. Yesterday was the first day I was painfully bored, which isn’t too bad for having sat on the couch for more than a week. I’m in awe over everything I’ve distracted myself with since Sunday. I have:
- Watched the second disc of Pride & Prejudice (I now know why women swoon at the mention of Colin Firth in this miniseries), The Money Pit, The Pick-up Artist, Splash,
The Big Lebowski, Joe vs. the Volcano, The Importance of Being Earnest, Big, several Scrubs episodes, the first episode of Absolutely Fabulous, and lots of HGTV
- Read The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency (the first in the series), Summer Sisters, half of a memoir and travel book about New Zealand, and started White Coat: Becoming a Doctor at Harvard Medical School
- Studied Retire Worry-Free, Better Basics for the Home, Green Building Products and various Pacific Northwest travel books
- Perused issues of Dwell, Better Homes & Gardens, Cooking Light, Sunset, Seattle Magazine, Newsweek and Wired
- Browsed countless catalogs — you name it, I get it
- Eaten a lot of cheese, including cheese pizza and cheese bread, macaroni & cheese and cheese breadsticks, and grilled cheese — I’m craving it something fierce
- And have let myself off the couch to blog, pay bills, do some dishes and so on
I’ll let you know how Monday’s appointment goes and you will certainly get more of my mental arguing. I go into the weekend with a good attitude: Hart’s holding out hope that the existing lead can be pushed back into place. I don’t know if that’ll work, but it’s a soothing thought.