What’s it like for you to live with chronic daily headache? The 30 Things About Your Life With Chronic Daily Headache meme is a great way to share your experience. To share your answers on The Daily Headache, copy and paste the questions and your response into the submission form at the end of this post. If you have a blog, you’re welcome to publish the questions and your answers there (but please link to this page). Even if you don’t wish to share your answers publicly, I encourage you to think about the questions. Whether you share them with loved ones or just keep them for yourself, reflecting on your life with chronic daily headache can provide helpful insight.
1. I have had chronic daily headache (CDH) for ____ years.
2. The first headache I remember is:
3. After the headache started, it took ______ [weeks/months/years] to get a diagnosis.
4. My pain level is steady/fluctuates
5. My typical pain level ranges from:
6. In addition to pain, my symptoms include:
7. Treatments I have tried include:
8. I take ____ medications/supplements each day for prevention and ____ medications/supplements when the pain becomes unbearable
9. When the pain gets bad, I:
10. The most frustrating part about having CDH is:
11. Because of CDH, I worry about:
12. When I tell someone I have CDH, the response is usually:
13. When I see how little research and information exists on CDH, I feel:
14. Having CDH has affected my work/school life by:
15. Having CDH has affected by family life by:
16. The one word that best describes my experience with CDH is:
17. My best coping tools are:
18. I find comfort in:
19. I get angry when people say:
20. I like it when people say:
21. Something kind someone has done for me in relation to CDH is:
22. The best thing a doctor has ever said to me about CDH is:
23. The hardest thing to accept about having CDH is:
24. Having CDH has taught me:
25. The quotation, motto, mantra, or scripture that helps me cope with CDH is:
26. If I could go back to the early days of my diagnosis, I would tell myself:
27. The people who support me most are:
28. The thing I most wish people understood about CDH is:
29. Migraine and Headache Awareness Month is important to me because:
30. One more thing I’d like to say about living with CDH is:
To submit your post, complete the form below. You must fill in every field for your submission to go through (your name and email will not be published and I won’t send you spam). Within 24 hours, I will moderate it (to prove it’s not spam) and it will be published as an individual post with a URL you can share. Check the 30 Things Meme category for your post then click on your post title to get the URL.
If you have trouble with the submission form, please email me at kerrie[at]thedailyheadache[dot]com.
Thanks to Invisible Illness Awareness Week for the idea for a 30 things meme. Readers were so receptive to the 30 Things About My Invisible Illness meme that I knew we needed something similar for Migraine and Headache Awareness Week.