Welcome to Kerrie Smyres' writings about chronic migraine, headache disorders, chronic illness & depression. Here you'll find coping strategies, resources, news & more to help you live a fabulous life with chronic illness.
What’s it like for you to live with a tension-type headache? The 30 Things About Your Life With Tension-Type Headache meme is a great way to share your experience. To share your answers on The Daily Headache, copy and paste the questions and your response into the submission form at the end of this post. If you have a blog, you’re welcome to publish the questions and your answers there (but I’d appreciate a link to this page). Even if you don’t wish to share your answers publicly, I encourage you to think about the questions. Whether you share them with loved ones or just keep them for yourself, reflecting on your life with tension-type headache can provide helpful insight.
1. My diagnosis is:
2. My headache frequency is:
3. The first headache I remember was:
4. My pain levels range from:
5. I was diagnosed in:
6. My comorbid conditions include:
7. I take ____ pills each day for prevention and ____ pills to treat an acute attack
8. In addition to pain, other symptoms I experience include:
9. Treatments I have tried include:
10. During a severe headache, I:
11. My headaches get worse when:
12. The most frustrating part about having tension-type headache is:
13. Having tension-type headache causes me to worry about:
14. When I tell someone I have tension-type headache, they usually say:
15. When I see articles about tension-type headache, I think:
16. My best coping tools are:
17. I find comfort in:
18. I get angry when people say:
19. I like it when people say:
20. Something kind a person can do for me during a severe headache is:
21. The best thing a doctor has ever said to me about having tension-type headache is:
22. Having tension-type headache has affected my work/school life by:
23. The hardest thing to accept about having tension-type headache is:
24. Having tension-type headache has taught me:
25. The quotation, motto, mantra, or scripture that gets me through severe pain is:
26. If I could go back to the early days of my diagnosis, I would tell myself:
27. The people who support me most are:
28. The thing I most wish people understood about tension-type headache is:
29. Migraine and Headache Awareness Month is important to me because:
30. One more thing I’d like to say about tension-type headache is:
To submit your post, complete the form below. You must fill in every field for your submission to go through (your name and email will not be published and I won’t send you spam). Within 24 hours, I will moderate it (to prove it’s not spam) and it will be published as an individual post with a URL you can share. Check the 30 Things Meme category for your post then click on your post title to get the URL.
If you have trouble with the submission form, please email me at kerrie[at]thedailyheadache[dot]com.
Special thanks to Invisible Illness Awareness Week for the idea for a 30 things meme. Readers were so receptive to the 30 Things About My Invisible Illness meme that I knew we needed something similar for Migraine and Headache Awareness Week.