Welcome to Kerrie Smyres' writings about chronic migraine, headache disorders, chronic illness & depression. Here you'll find coping strategies, resources, news & more to help you live a fabulous life with chronic illness.
What’s it like for you to live with migraine? The 30 Things About Your Life With Migraine meme is a great way to share your experience. To share your answers on The Daily Headache, copy and paste the questions and your response into the submission form at the end of this post. Even if you don’t wish to share your answers publicly, I encourage you to think about the questions. Whether you share them with loved ones or just keep them for yourself, reflecting on your life with migraine can provide helpful insight.
1. My diagnosis is:
2. My migraine attack frequency is:
3. I was diagnosed in:
4. My comorbid conditions include:
5. I take ____ medications/supplements each day for prevention and ____ medications/supplements to treat an acute attack
6. My first migraine attack was:
7. My most disabling migraine symptoms are:
8. My strangest migraine symptoms are:
9. My biggest migraine triggers are:
10. I know a migraine attack is coming on when:
11. The most frustrating part about having a migraine attack is:
12. During a migraine attack, I worry most about:
13. When I think about migraine between attacks, I think:
14. When I tell someone I have migraine, the response is usually:
15. When someone tells me they have migraine, I think:
16. When I see commercials about migraine treatments, I think:
17. My best coping tools are:
18. I find comfort in:
19. I get angry when people say:
20. I like it when people say:
21. Something kind someone can do for me during a migraine attack is:
22. The best thing(s) a doctor has ever said to me about migraine is:
23. The hardest thing to accept about having migraine is:
24. Migraine has taught me:
25. The quotation, motto, mantra, or scripture that gets me through an attack is:
26. If I could go back to the early days of my diagnosis, I would tell myself:
27. The people who support me most are:
28. The thing I most wish people understood about migraine is:
29. Migraine and Headache Awareness Month is important to me because:
30. One more thing I’d like to say about life with migraine is:
To submit your post, complete the form below. You must fill in every field for your submission to go through (your name and email will not be published and I won’t send you spam). Within 24 hours, I will moderate it (to prove it’s not spam) and it will be published as an individual post with a URL you can share. Check the 30 Things Meme category for your post then click on your post title to get the URL.
If you have trouble with the submission form, please email me at kerrie[at]thedailyheadache[dot]com.
Special thanks to to Invisible Illness Awareness Week for the idea for a 30 things meme. The 30 Things About My Invisible Illness meme was so well received that I knew we needed something similar for Migraine and Headache Awareness Week.