Welcome to Kerrie Smyres' writings about chronic migraine, headache disorders, chronic illness & depression. Here you'll find coping strategies, resources, news & more to help you live a fabulous life with chronic illness.
What’s it like for YOU to live with migraine, tension-type headache, cluster headache, NDPH, CDH, or another headache disorder? Share your thoughts in the 30 Things meme! It’s 30 questions about your headache disorder that lets you tell your story. You can even remain anonymous, if you’d like. You’ll get a link to a page with your story, which you can share as you like. June is Migraine and Headache Disorders Awareness Month—the 30 Things meme is a great way to share what it’s like to live with a headache disorder.
1. My diagnosis is:
2. My migraine attack or headache frequency is:
3. The first migraine attack or headache I remember was:
4. My pain levels range from:
5. I was diagnosed in:
6. My comorbid conditions include:
7. I take ____ pills each day for prevention and ____ pills to treat an acute attack
8. In addition to pain, other symptoms I experience include:
9. Treatments I have tried include:
10. During a migraine attack or headache, I:
11. My migraine attacks or headaches are triggered or get worse when:
12. The most frustrating part about having migraine or a headache disorder is:
13. Having migraine or a headache disorder causes me to worry about:
14. When I tell someone I have migraine or a headache disorder, they usually assume or say:
15. When I see ads or articles about migraine or headache disorders, I think:
16. My best coping tools are:
17. I find comfort in:
18. I get angry when people say:
19. I like it when people say:
20. Something kind a person can do for me during a migraine attack or headache is:
21. The best thing a doctor has ever said to me about having migraine or a headache disorder is:
22. Having migraine or a headache disorder has affected my work/school life by:
23. The hardest thing to accept about having migraine or a headache disorder is:
24. Having migraine or a headache disorder has taught me:
25. The quotation, motto, mantra, or scripture that gets me through hard days is:
26. If I could go back to the early days of my diagnosis, I would tell myself:
27. The people who support me most are:
28. The thing I most wish people understood about migraine or headache disorders is:
29. Migraine and Headache Awareness Month is important to me because:
30. One more thing I’d like to say about migraine or my headache disorder is:
To submit your post, complete the form below. You must fill in every field for your submission to go through (your name and email will not be published and I won’t send you spam). Within 24 hours, I will moderate your submission (to prove it’s not spam) and it will be published as an individual post with a URL you can share. Check the 30 Things Meme category for your post then click on your post title to get the URL.
If you have trouble with the submission form, please email me at kerrie[at]thedailyheadache[dot]com.
Special thanks to Invisible Illness Awareness Week for the idea for a 30 things meme. Readers were so receptive to the 30 Things About My Chronic Illness meme that I knew we needed something similar for Migraine and Headache Awareness Week.