30 things meme
This is a reader-submitted story.
1. My diagnosis is: Chronic Intractable Migraine, New Daily Persistent Headache
2. My migraine attack frequency is:I have some level of headache daily
3. I was diagnosed in: 1997
4. My comorbid conditions include: dysautonomia
5. I take __3__ medications/supplements each day for prevention and _5___ medications/supplements to treat an acute attack
6. My first migraine attack was: In 1993, became chronic on 10/28/1997
7. My most disabling migraine symptoms are: Pain and inability to speak= aphasia
8. My strangest migraine symptoms are: hallucinations
9. My biggest migraine triggers are: Loud Noises, flashing lights, and eating anything with Nitrites.
10. I know a migraine attack is coming on when: I start of see a lot of spots
11. The most frustrating part about having a migraine attack is: I never know how I will feel from day to day.
12. During a migraine attack, I worry most about: not being able to fix it or letting others down
13. When I think about migraine between attacks, I think: I really don’t like this
14. When I tell someone I have migraine, the response is usually: Mixed- some are supportive and understanding, some are not. I also hate it when they ask me if I have tried such and such.
15. When someone tells me they have migraine, I think: I’m sorry
16. When I see commercials about migraine treatments, I think: Really, if only it were that easy to get rid of it.
17. My best coping tools are: faith, distraction, reading, talking or curling up with my dog.
18. I find comfort in: knpwing I am not alone
19. I get angry when people say: “Have you tried X, it cured my cousin’s migraines.” Just pray
20. I like it when people say: I know it is rough, but you can make it through.
21. Something kind someone can do for me during a migraine attack is: Distract me and just be with me
22. The best thing(s) a doctor has ever said to me about migraine is: We are going to keep trying until we find something to break the bad migraines.
23. The hardest thing to accept about having migraine is: Mine are chronic and I never know how I will feel from one day to the next. I hate having to cancel plans at the last minute.
24. Migraine has taught me: Never to give up.
25. The quotation, motto, mantra, or scripture that gets me through an attack is: “it is ok, you can make it. “Come unto me all who labor and are heavy laden, for my yoke is easy and my burden is light and you will find rest for your soul”
26. If I could go back to the early days of my diagnosis, I would tell myself: Things will get better!
27. The people who support me most are: My family and friends
28. The thing I most wish people understood about migraine is: This is a disease. It is not “just a headache/” I am not making it up. I am doing my best
29. Migraine and Headache Awareness Month is important to me because: it gives me hope
30. One more thing I’d like to say about life with migraine is:.It is never dull
Reader-submitted stories solely represent the personal point of view, experience, and opinion of the author, not of The Daily Headache or Kerrie Smyres. Follow this link to learn how to share YOUR 30 Things about living with a headache disorder.