30 Things About Your Life With Migraine
This is a reader-submitted story.
1. chronic migraine
2. 10 a month (thanks to botox)
3. when I was 12
4. depression, anxiety, nerve pain
5. 3 supplements, 1 medication prevention and 1 medication for an attack
7. dizziness, tunnel vision, blindness, fatigue, confusion
8. smelling things that aren’t there
9. weather, alcohol
10. I yawn excessively or feel super hyper.
11. The unbearable pain
12. Making it through the day
13. I hope I have enough medication to get me through the month
14. “I’m sorry. You should try…”
15. I’m so sorry ☹
16. Pppht – that is NOT anything like a real migraine
17. Medication & coca-cola during/French fries for nausea. Friends for support
18. The migraine community. Friends. Dogs
19. Oh, I get headaches too.
20. I get migraines, too. I don’t know how you can handle so many in a month.
21. Anything kind is always appreciated
22. Still looking for a good neurologist – most of the time, I have to educate them.
23. That there’s no cure – I could have them for the rest of my life.
24. My limitations
25. Just for today, I can do something for 12 hours that would appall me if I felt I had to keep it up for a lifetime
26. I wouldn’t want to tell my 12 year old self that she was in for a lifetime of pain.
27. Friends and my mom.
28. It’s like pouring water on a circuit board – my whole brain just fizzles out – the pain is just one part.
29. We need more $$ for research!!!!
30. It’s harder than you can imagine. I am affected with crippling exhaustion and scrambled brain the day before and the day after the attack – so take the 10 days a month of actual pain days and triple it to get the real number of sucky days a month.
Reader-submitted stories solely represent the personal point of view, experience, and opinion of the author, not of The Daily Headache or Kerrie Smyres. Follow this link to learn how to share YOUR 30 Things about living with a headache disorder.