Worried emails come in whenever I’m quiet for long, so here’s a brief update. My mood is pretty good and my migraines have been a bit better (though I have an ugly one right now). Wellbutrin is still making me dizzy when I work on the computer, so I’m not writing much. I’ve chugged a Tolerex with breakfast the last two days, which seems to have kept the dizziness at bay. My fingers are crossed that I’ll be fully functional again soon.
I’m now 38 and had a lovely, low-migraine birthday (though Hart had a migraine that day!). I decided to indulge in dinner out and homemade yellow cake with buttercream frosting. A migraine followed, but it was mild and worth it.
If you’re looking for new writing from me, Migraine.com is a good place to check. They have a backlog of articles from me that they publish as needed and usually post one new one from me each week. Here are some recently published posts:
- Separating Depression Symptoms from Migraine Symptoms & Frustration
- Bargaining to Get Rid of Migraine
- “Non-Preferred” Generics Increase Copays for Triptans, Other Drugs (A more detailed look at the story I reported on. It turns out triptans were part of the study that prompted that article.)
- Sensory-Processing Sensitivity (a.k.a. Highly Sensitive People) (I finally expounded on the potential link between emotional sensitivity and sensitivity to sensory stimuli that I first mentioned in 2010.)
- Study: Meditation Reduces Migraine Frequency, Severity & Duration
- Invisible Illness, Invisible Person
- 10 Tips for Quieting Your Mind for Sleep
- Outsmarting Triptan Packaging
- 13 Things People With Migraine DO Want to Hear
- Do You Feel Like You’ve Tried Everything?
I apologize for letting your comments languish; I hope to reply this week. And I hope to get at least one new post up this week. I hope you’re doing as well as possible!