All Types of Art Submissions Requested for Migraine Book
Betsy Blondin, an editor and writer who has migraine, is compiling and editing all types of migraine art to publish in a coffee table-style artistic and creative book about migraine. She describes the project as:
I have wanted to publish a book like this for many years to provide another way for people with migraines (and those who live with them!) to share their expressions of migraine with others and to help promote awareness to people without migraines that organizations and sites/blogs such as yours have long been doing. I am particularly interested in helping to illustrate the positive and uplifting moments and events in the lives of people with migraines, because I feel that while migraine is horrendous, it doesn’t define who we are all the time.
Here’s my Web site page about the project: http://www.wordmetro.com/projects.html, and I’m attaching submission guidelines for the book for your information. I am offering a nominal fee to contributors whose work is accepted for the book.
The submission guidelines are below. You may e-mail Betsy with questions about the project.
Writing and Art Submission Guidelines
Thank you for considering contributing your creative writing and art to this migraine art book project. My hope is not only to help promote an awareness of the impact migraines have on our lives, but also to illustrate hope and positive events and to share how much we all do and accomplish. Although migraine is a huge part of our lives, it doesn’t define who we are.
For All Submitted Works
- Please include your name, location, contact information, and a little bit about yourself with any submission.
- If your work is accepted for publication, you will receive more details and an agreement to sign (you will retain ownership of your work and receive a fee). Artists and authors will be asked to confirm that the submission is their original work, that they own the rights to it and are therefore free to license us to print it in the book.
For Written Works: Quotes, Poetry, Prose (Essays, Short Stories)
- Prose should be 2,500 words or less.
- Written material can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as attachments, preferably in Word documents or saved as plain text or rich text format.
- Please edit your work prior to submission. If your creative piece is accepted but needs editing, we will contact you.
For Works of Art: Drawings, Paintings, Photographs, or Other Media
- Please send print/high-resolution (minimum 300 dpi, 4 to 5 inches) digital files of photographs or scanned work, preferably saved as jpg files.
- Smaller files can be e-mailed to email@example.com, and larger files (more than 5 by 7 inches) can be mailed on disk to Word Metro, P.O. Box 984, Carlsbad, CA 92018.
I hope you’ll consider submitting something. I’m trying to figure out what mine will be, but will let you know what it is when I do.